- Chickpeas boiled (15 ounces), drained and rinsed
- 1/3 cup vegan mayonaise (such as Hampton Creek Just Mayo)
- 1/3 cup walnut pieces
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley (packed)
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 1 teaspoon lemon peel, grated
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper (optional)
- baby spinach (or another salad green)
- thinly sliced onion
Combine chickpeas and mayonaise and mash slightly. (I like to keep some of the chickpeas whole for texture.) Stir in walnuts, parsley, cranberries, lemon peel, lemon juice, and cayenne (if using).
Serve with baby spinach and sliced onion.
Ingredient substitutions: Substitute with traditional mayonaise for vegetarian (non-vegan) recipe. Substitute raisins or halved grapes for dried cranberries. Store in an airtight container and refrigerate up to five days.