- 1 bunch red kale (1 pound)
- 1 bunch green kale (1 pound)
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 1/3 cup hemp hearts
- 1/3 cup chopped almonds (toasted if desired)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon orange peel
- 1 1/2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup or honey ( put link to shop)
- 1/2 teaspoon grated ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- salt and pepper
Tear kale leaves from stems and add to a large mixing bowl. Massage kale with hands and olive oil 3 minutes, or until tender. Stir in cranberries, hemp hearts, and almonds.
In a separate bowl, whisk together olive oil, orange peel, orange juice, maple syrup, ginger, garlic, and salt and pepper.
Pour dressing over salad and toss until evenly coated.
Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to seven days.