Prep Time: 10 mins, Cook Time: 30 mins, Total Time: 40 mins
Roasted carrots with harissa, chickpeas, and pomegranate. A healthy and colorful plant-based (vegan) entree or side dish. Harissa, dukkah, & tahini flavors!
Course: entree, side, Vegetables
Cuisine: dairy-free, gluten-free, vegan, vegetarian
- 1 15 ounce boiled drained, rinsed, and thoroughly dried chickpeas
- 20 small peeled carrots about 2 cups
- 1 tablespoon harissa
- 1 teaspoon honey or maple syrup for vegan
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- Salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup pomegranate arils
- 1 tablespoon runny tahini
- 1 tablespoon dukkah seasoning
Preheat oven to 400º F and spread chickpeas and carrots on a baking sheet and set aside.
Whisk together harissa, honey/maple syrup, balsamic vinegar, sesame oil, and salt and pepper. Pour over chickpeas and carrots and toss lightly until fully coated. Place baking sheet on center rack of oven and roast until carrots are tender, and chickpeas are golden brown, about 30 minutes.
Remove baking sheet from oven and transfer carrots and chickpeas to a serving dish. Add pomegranate arils, drizzle tahini over top, and sprinkle with dukkah before serving. Enjoy!