Prep Time: 30 mins, Cook Time: 5 mins, Total Time: 35 mins
A vegan salad modeled after fish tacos, this dish combines spice-rubbed tofu, fresh vegetables, and fresh fruit salsa to create an entree salad that’s perfect for a summertime lunch or dinner.
Cuisine: Barbecue, gluten-free, grain-free, summer, vegan
Servings: 2 -3
- Peach Mango Salsa:
- 1 cup mango diced
- 1 peach diced
- 1/4 cup red onion diced
- 1 red bell pepper diced (about 1 cup)
- 1 habanero seeds removed and minced (use chili pepper of choice or omit if desired)
- 1 lime zest and juice
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro chopped
- 1 block extra firm tofu drained, and pressed (wrap in clean towel and place under something heavy for at least 30 minutes)
- 2 tbsp coconut oil melted
- 1 tbsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp coriander
- 1 tsp oregano
- 10 oz broccoli and carrot slaw mix
- 1 large tomato diced (I used heirloom)
- 1 avocado sliced
First, prepare the salsa. Combine ingredients in a bowl, mix, and store in the fridge until ready to serve.
Start heating up the grill and prepare the tofu. Cut block of tofu along thin edge into three rectangular pieces. Brush with coconut oil. Mix together spices in a small bowl and then rub the mix on each side of the tofu pieces.
Once the grill is hot (I cooked over medium heat), add the tofu and grill about 2-3 minutes each side. Remove tofu from grill, cut each piece in half (to make 6 total pieces) and set aside.
Next, prepare the salad. Add slaw to a plate and top with tomato, avocado, and tofu. Spoon peach mango salsa on top and enjoy!